Hiring Checklist – Bring on the Paperwork!
July 11th, 2012
What forms do you need to complete when hiring a new employee?
Hiring Forms Checklist:
- Job Application Form
- Form I-9 for Employment Eligibility
- Form W-4 for Federal Income Tax Withholding
- State Income Tax Withholding Form (where applicable)
- Register with State Employment Notification System
- SSN/W-2: You are required to get each employee’s name and SSN (along with a copy of their card) to enter them on Form W-2.
Although this list may seem short, the hiring checklist doesn’t end when federal or state forms are completed. Different states have different regulations when it comes to documentation, and hiring a new employee can include other various HR-related tasks such as compensation structure, employee handbooks, interviews, non-disclosures, and more!
But, don’t panic just yet. While there’s a long list of “to-dos” when it comes to hiring or firing, HR Shield can help. For HR support, sign up now online, or call (877) 636-9525 for more information!
With HR Shield, members gain access to necessary forms, and are able to give our HR advisors a call any time they have a question. We’re here to help with the hiring headache, and more!